Advertise Box

Pulp Fiction (1994)


Pulp Fiction is a very distinctive film about how 3 people get another chance. Even though contents are very vulgar, Tarantino makes the film very fascinating by complicating the order of the events. The film was nominated for the Best Film in Oscar, 1994. It had been the most successful Tarantino film until “Inglourious Basterds (2009)” came out.

Jules is a very cruel, cold character in the beginning. Even though he is very friendly and chatty to his partner or his boss, he acts just like his reputation as a professional gangster. He kills the target, who ran away with his boss’s soul, without any guilt. He just unloads his weapon when he feels he have to.

[Jules shoots the guy on the couch during Brett's interrogation]
Jules: Oh, I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?
However, Jules gets a second chance. He witnesses a miracle when the guy in the bathroom unloads hand cannon. The bullets don’t him at all. Jules gets astonished, however he gets faith
through the miracle that he witnessed. He decides to get retired, and become a vegan.Vincent: Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don’t eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain’t Jewish, I just don’t dig on swine, that’s all.
Vincent: Why not?

Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don’t eat filthy animals.

He finally starts his path as a clean man again, by letting the burglars who attacked him to just go, without killing them, but even giving them his money.

Jules: Wanna know what I’m buyin’ Ringo?
Pumpkin: What?
Jules: Your life. I’m givin’ you that money so I don’t hafta kill you. You read the Bible?
Pumpkin: Not regularly.
Jules: There’s a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin’ that for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant you’re dead. I never game much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a guy before I popped a cap in him. But I saw something this mornin’ made me think twice. See, now I’m thinkin’: maybe it means you’re the evil man. And I’m the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he’s the shepherd protecting my righteousness in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you’re the righteous man and I’m the shepherd and it’s the world that’s evil and selfish. And I’d like that. But that ain’t the truth. The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin’, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the shepherd.

Butch is an old boxer. He once was a champion, but now he is just an old boxer, who is getting retired. Then, LA mafia boss Marcellus Wallace offers him a deal. He gives Butch a cash to make him to lose his last fight. However Butch makes a different plan. At the night of his last game, Butch wins the fight, killing his opponent, and runs away with the cash. He dreams about a bright future with his lover and the money he stole from the deal. However, he finds out that his wife left his father’s watch in his apartment, so he goes back to get it. Near the apartment, Wallace finds Butch, and soon, they get in a big, bloody fight. Marcellus and Butch almost kill each other, however, they get beaten and tied up by two homosexual rapists.

However, he gets his second chance in the hive of the rapists. Instead of running away when he gets the chance of it, Butch decides to save Marcellus, who is getting raped. He holds a Katana, and killes one of the rapists and saves Marcellus. Marcellus thanks Butch ,forgives him about the deal, and lets him go.
Butch: So we cool?
Marcellus: Yeah, we cool. Two things. Don’t tell nobody about this. This is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here. It ain’t nobody else’s business. Two: you leave town tonight, right now. And when you’re gone, you stay gone, or you be gone. You lost all your L.A. privileges. Deal?
Butch: Deal.
Marcellus: Get out of here.

Butch leaves California with his lover, thinking about the salvation.

Fabienne: Whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It’s a chopper, baby.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
Butch: It’s Zed’s.
Fabienne: Who’s Zed?
Butch: Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.

Vincent is a cold professional, like his partner Jules. He goes through the same thing as his partner Jules. However, he acts differently to his second chance.

Jules: This was Divine Intervention! You know what “divine intervention” is?
Vincent: Yeah, I think so. That means God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.
Jules: Yeah, man, that’s what it means. That’s exactly what it means! God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.
Vincent: I think we should be going now.
Jules: Don’t do that! Don’t you do that! Don’t blow this off! What just happened was a miracle!
Vincent: Chill out, Jules, this happens.
Jules: Wrong! Wrong, this doesn’t just happen.
Vincent: Do you wanna continue this theological discussion in the car, or at the jailhouse with the cops?
Jules: We should be dead now, my friend! We just witnessed a miracle, and I want you to acknowledge it!
Vincent: Okay man, it was a miracle, can we leave now?
Jules acts very negatively to the miracle. That night, he witnesses another miracle, or maybe a warning. His boss’s wife sniffs the heroine in his coat by misunderstanding it as coke. Vincent saves her, however he doesn’t consider this as a miracle. As a consequence, Vincent gets killed by Butch the next day.

Download :